We want to make recycling as easy as possible for our communities. That’s why we’ve provided recycling drop containers all over the area. Just take your materials to the drop-box nearest your neighborhood.
Our Drop Boxes are conveniently located at these current locations:
- Virgie Robinson Elementary at 125 S Wehe Ave
- Grange Hall at Rd. 64 and Court St.
- Stevens Middle School at 1120 N 22nd Ave
- Senior Citizen Center at W. Brown and N. Fifth
- Soccer Field at Court St. and Rd. 48
- Grigg’s Dept. Store at Columbia and 9th St.
- McLoughlin School at Argent and Rd. 84
- Ochoa Middle School at 1801 E. Sheppard
- Maya Angelou Elementary School at 6001 Rd. 84
- Community U. U. Church at 2819 Sylvester St.
- Glade and Eltopia West Rds.
City of Mesa
- Main St. across from the grocery
- Transfer station at Sherman & Wine Country Rd
- 1006 Dudly St., Across from Court House
- North 9th St – next to tennis courts
- Benton City Transfer Station -N 7th & Dale Ave
- Mt Adams View & Bombing Range-across from fire station
- 40th & Van Geisen -behind Exxon
Visit any drop-box center to recycle the following:
- Newspaper – bundle and tie newspaper or place into brown paper bags. Include advertising insert.
- Brown and clear glass – remove lids, caps, and six-pack carriers. Leave labels on.
- Aluminum and steel (“tin”) cans – Rinse and crush cans. For steel cans, remove and tuck lids into can, then crimp edges.
- Mixed paper – office paper or mail. There is no need to remove all staples, paper clips, sticky notes, or adhesive labels. White paper can be included with other types and grades of paper. (NO PLASTICS PLEASE – EXCEPT PROSSER)
- Cardboard – break down and flatten corrugated cardboard boxes. Basin Disposal collects cardboard from businesses in Benton and Franklin counties including West Richland and Benton City. BDI donates a portion of all monies earned from cardboard collection to DARE.
Basin Recycling Facility
The Basin Recycling Facility in Pasco accepts many types of material for recycling.
Scrap Metals Recycling
Basin Recycling recycles aluminum and steel (tin) cans. For metals other than aluminum or steel cans, recycle scrap metals at Tommy’s Salvage in Pasco or Twin City Metals in Kennewick.
Used Motor Oil
The Household Hazardous Waste facility will accept used motor oil and filters. However, it may be more convenient to take it to any of the several Franklin County’s oil drop locations.
A maximum of five gallons per visit is allowed. For more information on recycling used motor oil, call Franklin County Solid Waste hotline at (800) 967-8128.
Basin Disposal Inc. does not recycle computers. Staples recycles used computers for free; deliver to any retail outlet. Hewlett Packard also recycles computer equipment for fees ranging between $13 and $34.
Tags: aluminum can recycling pasco, aluminum can recycling prosser, brown and clear glass recycling pasco, brown and clear glass recyling prosser, cardboard recyling pasco, cardboard recyling prosser, drop box recycling pasco, drop box recyling prosser, mixed paper recycling pasco, mixed paper recycling prosser, neighborhood recycling centers pasco, neighborhood recycling centers prosser, newspaper recycling prosser, newspaper recyling pasco, recycling pasco, recycling prosser